top of page
  • Writer's pictureThe Everflow Team

Meet the Team: Demi

Updated: May 14, 2021

Name: Demi Tidy

Area of business: IT infrastructure / customer service technician 

When did you start your apprenticeship: 18/01/2021

What is the name of your apprenticeship: Customer Service Helpdesk Apprentice

What does your apprenticeship involve: My apprenticeship involves a mixture of theory and practical work. I spend 20% of my time on my apprenticeship learning theory. This involves different modules such as networking fundamentals and business processes and is done with my apprenticeship provider. The other 80% is spent in the office with my team, where they teach me how to understand the systems we use every day. At the end of my apprenticeship, I will have a qualification with a level 3 in IT infrastructure. 

What does your daily role at Everflow involve: My apprenticeship at Everflow Tech involves using different platforms to engage with our customers and through these platforms, responing to and reviewing customer enquiries. A big part of my role is customer service and keeping up that engagement and communication with our customers. This can be anything from a small query to a more advanced issue. Due to the nature of my role, I do a lot of troubleshooting whilst I am at work. This is to test the systems and see if there is a way in which I can fix the issue from an outside perspective.  

Why did you choose to do an apprenticeship over going straight into a job or college/university? I chose to do an apprenticeship instead of the other routes because I think it is the best way to enter the working world. With an apprenticeship, I am getting a mix of training from teachers like you would at college or university, however, I am also getting first-hand training from people who are already experienced and very knowledgeable in the role I will qualify in. I think apprenticeships are great for everyone, especially those who learn best by doing practical work. 

Is there anything else you’d like to add about your apprenticeship or job with Everflow? Having an apprenticeship with Everflow has given me a great opportunity to begin my career and set myself up for the future. Everyone here has been very welcoming and friendly. They're patient and I like having a laugh with them.  

bottom of page